Friday, January 25, 2008

Paris



Well it has been a long week but I think we are through it! It all started last Saturday with Paris breaking out in a few hives then on Sunday they were a little worse. I thought to myself...no big deal they are just hives they will go away. Well that is not always the case. By Sunday night she was worse and by Monday morning they were covering her entire body and she was miserable, Benedryl was no longer cutting the discomfort they were causing her. So off we went to Urgent Care. They told me they thought it was a food allergy and told me to watch for swelling in her face, prescribed her some medication for the cough she had had and sent us on our way. Within the hour I looked at her and her eye was swelling shut and her bottom lip was growing increasingly large. She now had hives the size of baseballs on her torso and her neck. So off we went to the hospital. By the time we arrived the swelling had started to go back down so they told us we had about 10 people ahead of us, but to alert them if her condition got any worse. Within the next 30 min. she had another flare up and they were back on her face again and swelling fast. Josh went to ask for an ice pack because she was so uncomfortable. When he told them about it they had us back in a room and hooked up to an I.V. within about 5 min. They did get the swelling down and everything was looking good so they were going to release us when everything started all over again so we realized we were there to stay for awhile. Things were on and off for about 6 hours after that....we had the doctors really wondering what could be causing this. After all was said and done we saw her pediatrician the following day and she thought that it was related to the infection she had that was causing her cough. She prescribed an antibiotic and changed one of the 3 meds that the hospital had put her on and by the next day Paris was looking like her normal self again. She had one more flare up but since Wednesday mid day we have been hive free. I feel very good about what her doctor put her on and I believe that it was a lot of prayer and a good pediatrician that help us get through this. I thank you for all of the prayers and phone calls over the last week and I am sorry that we have been hard to reach. I think life is returning to normal now.....whatever normal is! Haha!

4 comments:

Begin to Breathe said...

welcome to a new week!! i know that it was tough...you and josh did an amazing job handling and juggling a pretty nerve racking situation! praise God everything is fine...yes back to normal? or back to crazy? hey...let's play the quiet game ! ha ha

xox
jess

Phillips Family said...

I'm glad she's doing well now. No fun being hooked up to an IV. She did look pretty bad....thank the Lord for doctors and their decision to go to med school.

ciao

The Miller Clan said...

Glad she is feeling well! Sorry for bugging you about not calling me back...now I feel bad!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ash! Love your blog-found it through Robyn's. Paris's hives reminded me of Landon's. Just before new year's we had a major scare with him and rushed him to the hospital....turns out he is allergic to eggs. Such a pain on what to feed him! Anyway, call me sometime! Miss you! Tash :)