Thursday, February 21, 2008

Well... I hiked the Bump N Grind and Survived!!

Today after work I went on my first hike. If anyone truly knows me this is HUGE! I am not really an exercise person and I am a little out of shape (that may be an understatement). Everyime I say the word exercise I wash my mouth out with chocolate! So my friend Jessica has been asking me if I want to do this hike with her and I was almost amused. My name and hike do not go in the same sentence. At least that's what I thought till today. It started out a little ruff and she was very kind to tell me that whenever I needed to we could turn around and go back so I thought to myself, o.k. I can do this. As we started up I had to stop a few times to catch my breath and she gave me a point farther ahead that we would turn around at and head back. With that in mind I trudged up the mountain! When we reached that point I just couldn't stop...me be a quitter, no way! So I kept going. I have to admit the view was beautiful and even better at the top! So here are a few pics that I took on my phone because that is all I had with me. The last pic of me at the top with my head down Jes snapped on her phone. I think it is kinda cool! I made it!!!!!

This was overlooking a golf course as we started up.

This is Fred Waring Dr.

Look at the valley.

Target in Palm Desert, I have to admit I think at this point I wished I was there having a Starbucks! Haha

I wanted to take this pic, it is a little close because we took it of ourselves.

Here I am...a little tired but I did it!

Giddy Up....

5 comments:

Begin to Breathe said...

My Friend...

I am so impressed by you Ash! I was totally blown away that you actually went first of all, and completely shocked that you wanted to keep heading on to the top. But now that I think about it, I don't know why I was surprised. With your "Go big or go home" attitude I should have known that you wouldn't settle for less. The Lord continually shows me new reasons why you are in my life. I give Him the glory for our friendship...and for you trekkin' your skinny, Dr. Pepper drinkin' donut eatin' butt all the way to the top of that mountain. You rock sista. Now...lets do it again!:)

The Miller Clan said...

Wow! I am impressed! I want to hike that some day. I hear it is fun! I am not much of a hiker either, but it would be worth the challenge.
Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Okay,so you are a serious stud and my personal hero! Have you tried Dr. Pepper in a camel back? You just might fly up that mountain next time!

TheMilesFam said...

Ashley, you are a STUD!! Amazing! If I had cool places like that to hike, I'd be all about it...not here in flat freakin Oklahoma!! ;D Way to go! Your fam is beautiful...love all the pics...hope to get to see you all and reconnect some time.. :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley! I love reading your blog! Congrats on the hike...I'm impressed! I completely agree with your friend saying "your skinny, Dr. Pepper drinkin' donut eatin'" and I'll add Reese PB cup eatin' little butt! :-) Miss you and our scrapin' times...Jen